A Pedagogue's Progress
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
 
Apologies - and a quick comment

Sorry, I really should be posting more. I do have stuff to say. At the same time, I've got a truckload of NIE assignments due, including a 3000-word essay on critical and creative thinking due this Friday. Perhaps I'll post portions of it here when I'm done. Maybe I'll post excerpts from my other NIE essays (and, if I can fix my laptop, my Dartmouth essays) as well.

Now for some thoughts on a recent ST story -- the one about Ronald Susilo (why did I nearly type "Ronaldo" there?) and Li Jiawei. (Ronald, incidentally, was in the same year as me in secondary school. Besides being better than everyone at badminton, he was also a fabulous cross-country runner and a pretty good student. The Principal once cited him as a model scholar-athlete, possible to spur the not-so-scholarly athletes among us.) What on earth possessed the ST to make the problems in their relationship headline news? Leave that to the New Paper, and leave the two of them alone to sort out their own problems. You could've devoted those column inches to a non-outsourced article on, say, the philosophical underpinnings of contemporary American conservatism. Or the infamous Mearsheimer and Walt paper on the "Israel Lobby" and American foreign policy. Or something similarly...interesting.


Comments:

Post a Comment