A Pedagogue's Progress
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
 
It's coming

My Practicum's around the corner. This Friday, I find out where I'm going; in less than a month, I'll actually be there. It'll probably be RI, but there are no guarantees. And then after that -- assuming I pass -- comes the really big news: where I'm going to be teaching. It'll probably be RJC, but, again, there are no guarantees. The MOE's four-strong Placement Unit makes that decision on behalf of all teachers, with schools' manpower needs the most important criteria. Even if a school wants you, there's always the small possibility that you could end up elsewhere; and I need to remind myself from time to time not to take things for granted -- not to assume, that is, that I'll end up where I want to be.


Comments:

Post a Comment