A Pedagogue's Progress
Sunday, July 22, 2007
 
King Lear

Watched King Lear with Ian McKellen last night. It was predictably superb, even if the (very expensive) seat that I had paid for did not always give me a clear view of the stage, particularly when there were a lot of people on it. Besides Sir Ian, I thought that the guy who played Edmund was also excellent. Although you have to admit that Edmund, like Richard III, does get to play to the audience a great deal. Am warming to Edmund as a villain, but still prefer Iago.

It's been five years since I read King Lear for Saccio's English 24; I did give it a shot earlier this year after buying tickets to the play, but never finished it. I should finish it. But really, lecture notes come first!


Comments:

Mr. Kung, do the lecture notes take so much time?

 
Post a Comment